Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions of Sale (“the Terms”) apply to all orders and contracts for the sale or supply of goods or services between Romancia Bridal Limited (“the Seller” or,where applicable, “Us”, “We” or “Our”) and a purchaser of goods and services (“the Purchaser” or, where applicable, “You” or “Your”).
2. By ordering, placing a deposit for, or purchasing goods and services from the Seller you agree to be bound by these Terms.
Deposits and cancellation
3. A deposit of 50% of the total value of any order is required to be paid by the Purchaser at the time of placing the order. There will be no contract of sale in respect of the order until the deposit has been paid by the Purchaser and the order has been accepted by the Seller.
4. The deposit can be paid by either bank transfer or debit/credit card or cash only.
5. Deposits are non refundable. If the Purchaser wishes to cancel the order, they will need to inform the Seller in writing as soon as possible. If the Purchaser wishes to cancel the order more than one month after the original deposit is paid, then the Purchaser is liable to pay the full amount and remaining balance of the gown and must do so within 3 months
6. The deposit is not transferable to any goods other than those originally ordered. If the Purchaser wishes to purchase different goods, the Purchaser will need to cancel the original order and place a new order with a new deposit.
7. Deposits are not taken on orders for accessories. The Purchaser must pay for accessories in full at the time that the order is placed.
8. A final payment of the balance of the purchase price of any order, after taking into account any deposit already paid, must be paid within 14 days of the order arriving in store. In the event that the Purchaser fails to pay the full purchase price in accordance to the terms and conditions, the Seller is entitled to resell the goods after a period of one month from notification that the items have arrived with in store
9. In the case of accessories, a final payment of the entire price must be paid at the time the order is placed.
10. The Seller will notify the Purchaser when the order has arrived in store and is ready for collection within 3 working days of receipt. The Seller will provide free storage for three months post arrival in store but the Purchaser will need to collect the goods within this time.
11. The Purchaser will not be entitled to collect or take delivery of the order, or to make any external alterations to the order, until the Final Payment has been made.
Delivery, Title and Risk
12. Delivery and collection dates given by the Seller are given for guidance only and are not binding upon the Seller. Whilst the Seller will endeavour to ensure goods are available for collection by the date given on the order form, they do not accept responsibility for late delivery caused by any circumstances beyond their control, including but not limited to postal delays or actions of the Seller’s suppliers/designers.
13. Delivery to the Purchaser shall take place when the Purchaser collects the order from the Seller’s premises. Risk in the goods comprising any order shall pass to the Purchaser on delivery.
14. Title to the goods comprising any order shall not pass to the Purchaser until the Final Payment in respect of the order has been made in full.
15. The Purchaser is required to bring identification and all paper work relating to the sale with them on collection so that the Seller can verify that goods are being collected by an authorised person
16. Before the Purchaser collects any goods and removes them from the Seller’s premises
17. The Purchaser must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the goods and inform the Seller of any defects or discrepancies.
Sizing, Fitting and Alterations
18. Dresses are not made to measure. They are ordered by the Seller from its suppliers/designers in accordance with the relevant designer’s/supplier’s standard size charts. It is usual that some alterations are required.
19. Dresses will be ordered by the Seller for the Purchaser in sizes based on measurements taken at the time the order is placed by the Purchaser. The dress size will be dictated by the designer/supplier. The Purchaser accepts and confirms that the measurements taken at the time the order is placed have been taken accurately by the Seller.
20. The Seller’s obligation will only be to deliver a dress in the size ordered by the Seller for the Purchaser as set out above. The Seller accepts no liability for the Purchaser’s weight gain or loss inc. pregnancy.
21. The Purchaser acknowledges that fitters require that shoes and underwear intended for the wedding day be worn to all fittings. The fitter will recommend appropriate alterations to the dress but if the Purchaser insists on a different fit than recommended on any garment, then it is done so at the Purchaser’s own risk.
22. The Seller does not carry out alterations but will recommend the services of Seamstresses or other alterations specialists. Seamstresses or alteration specialists are not employed by the Seller and are not agents of the Seller. The Seller undertakes and accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever in respect of the performance of alterations by, or the Seller’s recommendations in respect of, such Seamstresses or alterations specialists. Any disputes, questions or queries that arise in respect of alterations must be resolved between the Purchaser and the Seamstress or alterations specialist.
23. Alterations are not included within the purchase price of the order payable to the Seller. Charges for alterations are charged separately and are to be separately negotiated with and payable to the Seamstress or alterations specialist chosen by the Purchaser.
24. No external alterations may be made to any orders until the Purchaser has made the Final Payment in respect of the order.
25. The cleaning of garments ordered by the Purchaser will be at the sole risk of the Purchaser. The Seller undertakes and accepts no responsibility for the actions or omissions of any other person in respect of any cleaning services that the Seller recommends.
Description, Designs, Samples and Swatches
26. Every care is taken by the Seller to ensure that your order matches the swatch of fabric or imagery of fabric or design that you have seen. However, some variation can occur. All designers/suppliers reserve the right to modify their designs from the imagery or samples they have provided to the Seller. Any such variation is beyond the control of the Seller and the Seller does not undertake or accept any liability in respect of such variation. Should such variation occur, as much notice as possible will be given to the Purchaser.
27. Sample dresses only provide a guide as to colour, therefore whilst every effort is made to match materials and trims with the sample, the Seller cannot guarantee identical matches in all cases.
28. Some designer/supplier brands may offer custom made or bespoke amendment services to their dresses or accessories. As with standard orders, custom made orders are also non refundable or amendable.
29. Sale items may be sample dresses that have been displayed on the premises, and as such may not be in perfect condition. The Purchaser should check that any sale items are of satisfactory quality for their requirements. The Seller makes no guarantee that visible marks or stains can be removed by cleaning.
30. We are unable to provide storage for sale items once sold. Sale items must be paid for in full and collected at the time they are ordered.
31. Sale items cannot be returned or refunded.
32. We cannot book accessories-only & Bridesmaid appointments on a Saturday due to the volume of appointments. Accessories-only & Bridesmaid appointments are available free of charge on all other days that Romancia Bridal is open during the week and are subject to availability.
33. Cancellations of paid appointments are non refundable.
Limitations of liability
33. The Seller will not be liable for any defects or discrepancies found by the Purchaser after the Purchaser has collected the order and removed it from the Seller’s premises.
34. The Seller will not be liable, whether in contract or in tort or otherwise, for any indirect, consequential or special damages or losses of whatsoever nature or howsoever caused, whether related to the supply of the goods or their use or not.
35. Due to the delicate nature of the goods, the seller cannot be held responsible or liable for any damage incurred after collection, during or after the wedding or whilst the dress is in storage.
36. It is recommended that the goods are kept out of direct sunlight for storage and are not packed tightly, alleviating the risk of pressure marks and keeping embellishments and other alike details intact.
Governing law and jurisdiction
37. These Terms and any contract for the sale or supply of goods and services between the Seller and the Purchaser shall be governed by English law. Any dispute arising out of or connected to such contract shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.